Payment of fees is due at the time of service by cash or credit card. A valid credit card number is required to hold first and one-time appointments. Dr. Sadler does accept many insurance plans. Please call to see if he is covered under your insurance.
Fee schedule as of July 1, 2016:
Telephone sessions are sometimes offered in place of office visits at Dr. Sadler’s discretion. Fees may also apply to telephone conversations with family members, therapists and other doctors. There is no charge for emergent calls or discussions about routine matters such as appointment scheduling. Matters requiring more than 30 minutes require face to face discussion. Please note that while there are billing codes for these sessions, most insurers do not honor them.
- 5-10 minutes: $60
- 11-20 minutes: $80
- 21-30 minutes: $120
Dr. Sadler is a solo practitioner and does not employ staff for tasks such as billing, obtaining pre-authorizations and calling in refills. Therefore, he may need to spend a significant amount of time between visits attending to these matters on your behalf.
- Reprinting receipts: no charge
- Billing for appointment fees not paid at the time of service: no charge
- Returned cash (includes bank fees): $80
- Calling in refills between sessions: $60
- Copying and faxing (rates for copying medical records $1.00 per page.
- Authorizations and paperwork: In most cases, Dr. Sadler prefers to obtain insurance authorizations, write letters and fill out paperwork during appointments when you are present to answer questions. The fee for that will be 25-50.00 depending on length.
- However, when it is necessary or preferable to perform these tasks between visits, the time will be billed in 15-minute increments at the hourly rate of $300, with a minimum charge of $60 payable in advance.
Late Arrivals and Missed Appointments
If you arrive late for an appointment, you will be seen for the remaining time and charged for the full session as scheduled. You will be charged the full fee for appointments that you miss or cancel with less than 24 hours (1 business days) notice. This means that Monday appointments must be cancelled by the previous Friday. National holidays that fall on weekdays are not considered business days.
Office visits are required for all new prescriptions. You are responsible for keeping track of remaining refills and scheduling appointments accordingly. As noted above, an $60 fee will be charged for refills called in between sessions.
Traditional Appointment Fees: (typically covered by insurance with applicable co-pay or self-pay)
Traditional appointments with medication management and psychotherapy:
- 15 minutes follow up: $160
- 30 minute follow up: $190
- 45 minutes: $250
- 60 minutes $300
Premium Appointment Fees
First appointment, approximately 2 hours: $600
One-time consultation, approximately 2 hours with records review and typed report (to be sent to your referring physician): $800
Extended appointments, generally for crisis or family sessions:
- 75 minutes: $300
- 90 minutes: $400
Forensic Consultation Service Fees:
Please call 1-251-300-7134 for fees and pricing
If you experience an emergency, call Dr. Sadler at Southern Psychiatry. If he is not available to speak with you immediately, especially after hours and on weekends and holidays, leave a detailed message and call 911 or go to the nearest emergency room.